Monday, March 24, 2014

Visual Studio Internal Error: 1058

Recently I was trying to install Visual Studio 2012 replacing the 2010 and I got the same error no matter what I tried.  The error which showing in the log read something like

- DDSet_Error: Internal error: 1058

It was a nasty one and I spent three nights trying to figure it out.  Eventually these are the things I tried and what actually solved my problem:

  1. Check any ensure that HTTP Activation is "on". You can do this by going to Control Panel->Add/Remove Programs->Turn WIndows features on or off->.NET Framework 3.5-> Windows Communication Foundation HTTP Activation
  2. Run Visual Studio 2010 Uninstall Utility in command prompt with switch VS2010_Uninstall-RTM.ENU.exe /full /netfx to clean the failed setup
  3. Clean the %temp% folder (Start Menu >> Run >> Type "%temp% >> OK)
  4. Started all Asp.Net , .NET related services 
  5. I installed XAMPP recently and had to disable HTTP under device manager (hidden devices/non-pnp) to get Apache to start on port 80 - This was what actually fixed the issue for me

Hope this helps 

No comments:

Post a Comment